Saturday, April 23, 2011

Dior - Rouge Dior Lipstick in Mazette, 028

This lipstick is, quite frankly, perfection... so bright and perfect for summer!
It is a part of Christian Dior's Rouge Dior lipstick collection, which has 32 shades, each of which has a corresponding Dior Haute Couture gown. That is, each lipstick shade is inspired by a gown from Christian Dior. I think it is so fun and interesting to know that my lipstick has a corresponding gown... which I sadly haven't found yet - please let me know if you find a site where you can compare the dresses to the lipsticks, I'd love to see the gowns.

This is a more accurate picture of the colour - it is a bright coral colour, no shimmer of any kind. This lipstick is perfect for spring and summer, and I really like the formula, which is creamy, yet not too creamy.
The weartime is rather good, especially since the lipstick leaves a bit of a stain behind. I'd say about 4 hours, without eating.


The packaging is beautiful and classy, a dark-blue colour with a see-through at the top, where Dior's signature letters, CD, can be seen through (picture above).

And of course some swatches. The swatch to the left is very light, the lower one to the right is medium, and the top one to the right is full colour.


Product (65%) - 9/10
Value (10%) - 7.5/10
Would I repurchase? (15%) - 10/10
Packaging (10%) - 9/10

Overall - 9/10
 
Love, Miss Diorista

 
Beauty is a form of genius -- is higher, indeed, than genius, as it needs no explanation. It is of the great facts in the world like sunlight, or springtime, or the reflection in dark water of that silver shell we call the moon. - Oscar Wilde

4 comments:

  1. Wow, this color looks amazing!!! Definitely a good buy =) I love the blue CD packaging too, though I personally don't own any... yet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that lippie! :) I change my polish a lot since I have lots of polish. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the lipstick! It's a great shade, very pretty! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Dovey - I agree with you on the packaging, it looks very classy. And don't worry, you'll get one some day ;)

    @Starberry Sugar - I admire how often you change your polish, I really do! That reminds me how behind I am on posting polish swatches here for you guys... I have about ten posts of polish coming up!

    @Hebridean Sprite - I agree, I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment - I love hearing what you have to say! xxx, MissDiorista

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...