Friday, February 4, 2011

Splash! Nail Design

 How do you like my first nail design? I'm really excited about this, I've never done any kind of nail art before! I saw some videos on YouTube featuring this kind of a look, so I decided to do this yesterday evening and today, everytime I look at my nails, I feel so fun... if feeling fun makes any sense :)
Read on to find out how I did it, this is so simple!

What you'll need:
* At least 2 different coloured nail polishes. Make sure that they aren't too similar so that your design will stand out!
* A topcoat (not pictured)
* Toothpicks
* Nail polish remover
* Q-tips

Paint your nails with the base colour. I used two coats of OPI I'm Indi-a Mood for Love, which has been my favourite pink polish for some time.
Clean up any extra nail polish around your nails, using q-tips that you dip in nail polish remover.
And don't forget to let your nails dry really well before you move on to the splashy part!


Now, take your second colour and your toothpicks. I used OPI Russian Navy, which is a beautiful, deep blue/purple shimmery colour, which almost looks black. Really pretty and I think it goes well with the pink.
Take the brush out of the nail polish, and dip your toothpick in. Then put a dot on your nail (only one nail at a time!) like the one in the picture. Using your toothpick, "tease" the dot until you have a splashy pattern like the one in the first picture. To make it look more naturally splashy, add some small dots.

Let your polish dry really well before you apply a top coat to seal the deal!

Have you been doing any nail art lately? I'd love to see it!

Yours,
Miss Diorista

P.S. If you decide to try this, consider using two different colours for the splashes. I think it would look super-cute!

2 comments:

Please leave a comment - I love hearing what you have to say! xxx, MissDiorista

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...