Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Dior - Diorskin Nude Natural Glow Sculpting Powder Makeup SPF10

That has to be the longest product name in history... (if you know a longer one, though, let me know!)
I have talked about this product to you before, and it is a powder foundation - that is, a powder, which covers like a light foundation. If you read my blog on a regular basis, you probably know that I love powder foundations. However, there are a few "extras" about this one, which made me fall completely head over heals:
  • The compact itself is beautiful, can be carried around easily, and has a special place for a small brush/sponge.
  • You not only get powder foundation, but also blush and highlighter, in the same compact!
  • When you're done with the powder, you can buy a filling, instead of having to buy a whole new compact. Environmentally friendly :)
 Now on to the product itself.
 
 This is what the product looks like (mine is in shade 020, called Beige Praline).
It comes with an accompanying brush, which is actually usable if you want very sheer coverage, but I don't use it so I couldn't find it... sorry :S

You can see I've already hit pan on the foundation part, which is the lowest one. The middle part is a beautiful peachy blush with some shimmer to it, and the top part is a matte highlighter. Let me tell you, I'm in love with this highlighter! Nothing makes my nose look slimmer than this ;) All the powders are very smooth and easy to work with (I like using a sponge for all of them).

The foundation gives me even coverage, it is definitely buildable, but covers light to medium. The average wear-time is about four hours (maybe five) before I have to touch it up. This product can also be used as a setting powder, over liquid foundation. I even think my foundation looks slightly more natural with this powder than without it. However, most of the time I wear this product by itself.

I tried swatching those for you, but my camera was giving me a hard time with the lighting and all... but as I said, the blush is a light, fresh peach with shimmer, and the highlighter is a soft, slightly pinkish white/beige.

The only obvious downside I can see to this product, is that you go through the foundation part so much quicker than the blusher and the highlighter, since you alternate those more. This can be a problem when you want to buy a new filling for the compact, but still have more than enough of blush and highlighter. However, I don't mind this problem, since I really love the foundation.

Product (65%) - 9/10
Value (10%) - 8.5/10
Would I repurchase? (15%) - 9/10
Packaging (10%) - 9.5/10

Overall - 9/10

Love,
Miss Diorista

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - I love hearing what you have to say! xxx, MissDiorista

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...