Thursday, February 10, 2011

Depend Cosmetics - Cracked Effect in Blue

I bought this polish last weekend (nail polish haul), and if you are familiar with the new OPI Shatter polish, then this one does the same, except it is a whole lot cheaper. Also, Depend Cosmetics make them in colours, not just black (review for the red one coming up), which is fun!
Above you can see what it looked like on my nails, without top coat. Underneath it is a Kron polish, really cheap one, the closest to a silver that I currently have. Isn't that just so pretty?!

 Again, no top coat. You can see that the blue colour is matte - you don't get the depth to it.

However, here we have the top coat on (Dior one), and I know you can't notice a huge difference in the photos, but in real life, you can. The polish just comes to life, and becomes this beautifully deep, shimmery blue.

So obviously I love the effect that it gives me. The only thing I don't like is the weartime. It started chipping after about a day, and in two or three days, the chipping had become pretty bad. However, that is something I can live with, since this is just so pretty! And maybe it just chipped because of the cheap Kron one... I'll test it with an OPI soon, and update this review.

Also, I should tell you that this polish dries super-quickly. We're talking a few seconds here, really.

Product (65%) - 7.5/10
Value (10%) - 9/10 (those are seriously cheap!)
Would I repurchase? (15%) - 9.5/10
Packaging (10%) - 8/10

Overall - 8/10

Update!!!
This left two or three horrible, blue stains on my nails, even through the other polish! Not satisfied at all, so I'm changing my rating:

Product (65%) - 5/10
Value (10%) - 9/10 (those are seriously cheap!)
Would I repurchase? (15%) - 6/10
Packaging (10%) - 8/10

Overall - 6/10

I'll test the green Sally Hansen one I showed you tomorrow, so the review is just around the corner ;)

Love,
Miss Diorista

P.S. Have you tried the OPI Shatter? It won't arrive in Iceland until the end of February, but I will try to get my hands on it and compare them for you!

6 comments:

  1. I'm not really into crackle but with the top coat this looks awesome! I really like the colour combination and I like how rich the blue looks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Hebridean Sprite - I get where you're coming from, it takes some getting used to :) But yes, that blue is very rich, love it and can't wait to experiment with different "backgrounds".

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww jeg venter stadig på at disse lakke kommer til Danmark. Indtil videre har jeg China Glaze, men vil gerne ha Depend Cracked blå, lilla og rød

    ReplyDelete
  4. @sara - De findes ikke i Danmark? Det er jo lidt vidunderligt, fordi Depend Cosmetic produkterne kommer fra Sverige... men til gengæld har vi ikke China Glaze... Tusing tak for a skrive her på dansk, jeg får ikke så mange lejligheder til at skrive på dansk ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got this on a recent trip to Estonia, together with a red and lilac one. Have used this one first and will post the mani soon.
    There were so many colours it was hard to choose. I love that Depend had lots of different colours, not just black. Claire's has coloured crackles too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @marox79 - I have those colours too, just have yet to post them :) I agree, I think Depend Cosmetics were really quick to make coloured crackle polish as opposed to for example OPI (they have it out now, but I already have these so I'm not purchasing them for the time being).

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment - I love hearing what you have to say! xxx, MissDiorista

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...